How Brazilian wax changed my life (sort of)
("Brazilian wax for cats" -- Ain't this pic a riot?
Here's the artist behind it.)
For some weird reason, everytime I worry about my love life I am reminded of Brazilian bikini wax. Funny. Here's the story behind it:
I wanted to remove all visible traces of him on me. I had a pretty hot relationship with him, so when he left, I decided I wanted all my pubic hair gone too.
My last major heartbreak (when my ex and I broke up), I was sooooo hurt, I didn't know how to deal with it. After weeks of crying myself to sleep, I finally mustered the courage to do something other than crying. I was still hurt, mind you. But I was just so tired of feeling hurt that I was willing to do pretty much anything to make me forget about my heartache. So I decided to get a Brazilian wax.
Yes, a Brazilian wax. First time ever. I did it because I wanted the pain to switch from my heart to my...well, that area. I don't know why. I just wanted to inflict pain on some other part of my body, hoping it would "diffuse" the heartache.
But I guess part of my motive too is that I wanted to remove all visible traces of him on me. I had a pretty hot relationship with him, so when he left, I decided I wanted all my pubic hair gone too (because it reminded me of him). I wanted some fresh growth, so I could start over again.
And that's what Brazilian wax has meant to me since: it signals the start of a new life phase as I get stripped away (often kicking and screaming...and wailing in good gracious p-p-pain! Nyaaaahhh!!!).
Come to think of it, enduring a Brazilian wax is a lot like enduring a heartbreak: being exposed and vulnerable, for one. Stripping away old layers and dirt; letting go. Enduring pain. Making way for new growth, a fresh start.
There. I know it sounds weird and all, but hey, nobody ever said I'm a bland, predictable person. At least not when I'm heartbroken, that is.
RELATED POSTS: Valentine thoughts on a rainy Sunday afternoon. // An ex-rated incident.






1 comment:
I wanted a change and went for one... but apparantly my beautician and i have different definitions of a brazilian... I GOT A HOLLYWOOD! (ouch!)
Best thing i ever did!
Now i go once a month!
Post a Comment