Valentine Thoughts on a Rainy Sunday Afternoon
So, Valentine's Day is just around the corner again. I'll be celebrating Valentine a bit later this year--next weekend, to be exact. For those who don't know already, I'm in a long-distance relationship. My beau will be back in arms next weekend... can't wait!!! =)
Long-distance relationship. I used to think it would spell doom for the two of us. After all, couples are supposed to spend as much time together, right? Well, for some reason, long-distance has worked very well for him and me. I think he and I are two individuals who each really want our own space.
We're both ambitious, we both have strong personalities, we're both opinionated, we both have a silly-to-wry sense of humour, conversations are NEVER boring between the two of us. I think we really connect at that level; like we could just sit all day in a bare room and we wouldn't get bored because we'd never run out of stories to tell each other. I love it.
After years of living within that comfort zone,--you know, those nice *perks* of being away from your lover, like being carefree, having your own space, etc.--will it be awkward to be seeing each other's face, day and night, again?
I guess that's the main reason why we've been able to sustain a long-distance relationship thus far. We connect and we can talk by phone and emails, etc. while still enjoying our own separate lives. So in a way, we're still able to kinda witness and mirror each other, even though we don't get to be physically together too often.
But sometimes, I wonder whether this long-distance thing is sustainable in the long run. I mean, I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the physical intimacy in our relationship. Say, let's fast forward to a future scenario when we finally get to be together again. After years of living within that comfort zone,--you know, those nice perks of being away from your lover, like being carefree, having your own space, etc.--would it be awkward to be seeing each other's face day and night again?
I don't know. I guess the future worries me a little. What if we get too used to being apart?
Oh well. For now, I'll drink my cup full. Enjoy him to the fullest when he's here. No matter what happens in the uncertain future, he will still be a best friend and soul mate.RELATED POST: How Brazilian wax changed my life (sort of)

...






No comments:
Post a Comment