Thursday, November 16, 2006

My Birthday/Christmas Wish List =)

(Related Post: Bon Anniversaire!)

What I most want to receive is inspiration.
Laughter
.
Positive vibes.

You can give these to me a number of ways:

(1) Give me the gift of ideas. How? By giving me a book or two. I'm building a personal library. What I want to do is surround myself with ideas to keep me creative and inspired.

At this stage of my life, I am very much preoccupied with my budding career. A few years down the line, I want to be specializing in Change and Issues Management. (i.e., I wanna be a high-level "spin doctor"--the ethical kind, yo!)

So anything that would give me a headstart in learning those fields would be great! Industry books, "building career success" type of self-improvement books, GCs to Chapters (or other bookstore), ticket to a seminar, that kind of stuff. =) Of course, fiction novels would be great too--anything from humorous chick lit to psychological or historical drama.

(2) Gift card to Blenz, Starbucks, or Trees Organic. I tend to lounge in coffee shops and you know I love nice, humorous conversations. So if we could spend some quality time doing that, I'll treat you for coffee (with the gift card you gave me, hehe!)!

(3) Pilates, Yoga, or Contemporary Dancing classes. Such activities make me feel/look good and help me express myself creatively through my body. For Pilates, I go to Dianne Miller Pilates Studio. Yoga, anywhere in Kits. Dancing, I'd like classes at Harbour Dance Centre downtown. Of course, if we could take those classes together, that would be 100x nicer!

(4) Ticket to a Canucks game. Vancouver's NHL hockey team is so sucking right now, but hey, I'm still a fan! So if you're also a fan, you could treat me to a game (preferably against a Canadian or Northwest Division rival). You and I will have a great time, guaranteed! =)

(5) Good old personalized (and honest) greeting card. I'll hang it up on my "feel-good" wall, baby!

2 comments:

Azathoth100 said...

If I get the job at Yale I'll give you a post B-day gift ok?

Hope you have a good B-day.

Missy La Roo said...

Then that makes me want you to get the Yale job even MORE!

Hehe... really, gift or no gift, I'm rooting for you to WIN IT! All the meaningful comments you left on my blogs, all those thought-provoking ideas you planted in my head--those are the gifts I'm taking from you. Thanks!

Best wishes on that job!