A mean game of survival
! Warning: Juvenile comments ahead.
![]() |
Just watched Survivor: Cook Islands. Boy, am I ever so pissed!
If you've been following this "reality" TV show, then you know that the Blue Raro tribe has been losing to rival Aitu. Even with a (wo)manpower advantage (thanks to the mutineers Candice and Jonathan), Raro's been losing challenges.
Why are they losing so much? Maybe cuz the tribe is being dominated (internally) by a bunch of idiots.
I could not understand why they didn't vote Rebecca out as early as two or three weeks ago. It's obvious the woman's not of much use to them. I could not understand why Brad was voted out last week, ahead of Rebecca or Parvati. I mean, the dude's stronger than either of those two. Heck, I don't know why Cristina was voted off way earlier than Rebecca, or why the choice that week was between Cristina and Jenny. Hello? Cristina and Jenny were the tribe's two strongest women! And you wanted either of them out, instead of Rebecca or Parvati? Hello?
And tonight, they voted out Jenny ahead of Jonathan or Candice. I mean, I'm sorry, but Jenny has been consistently strong in the challenges. She also knows how to cook octopus. Nate thinks she's a threat, and has been leary about her.
Nate -- goddammit, Nate! I used to like you, man! -- last week, that goddamned Nate conspired to vote off Brad instead of Jonathan, because he was worried about Brad forming an alliance with Yul and Becky "and the other Asians" come merge time. Well, well, well, guess what, Natie boy, now the whole Caucasian team's tight against you goddamned people of colour. This ain't your tribe anymore, Nate! I bet Jonathan, Candice, Adam, and Parvati will be voting you out before they turn on each other. Idiots.
Yeah, so there's my rant for today. I'm pissed. Just so you know, I'm not usually a Survivor fan. This is the only Survivor that I've followed so far, and only because I was/am interested in the "division along racial lines" marketing ploy. And yes, I'm especially pissed tonight because the two Filipino "castaways" (Brad and Jenny) ended up being voted out sooner than I would have liked. Goddammit.
![]() |
Anyways, now I'm rooting for Yul and Ozzy. I'm still *sort of* cheering for Nate, but with his behaviour the past couple of weeks, he's been really falling out of my favour.
And one more thing: Yes, yes, I know: It's only a damned TV show, and what we see on the idiot box is not necessarily an accurate portrayal of events and personalities. Yes, I know that, duh. But, as a valued consumer of this media product, it is well within my "right" to rant. Sure, it's not gonna change the world. Sure, it's making me sound like an eleven-year-old spoiled brat right now. But dammit, I'm pissed. Deal with it.








1 comment:
My biggest problem with the whole thing is that they call it reality TV. This isn't reality. You want reality tv? Try just video taping some poor shmucks life day by day. All of this stuff is just unscripted, that doesn't make it reality.
Sorry, just wanted to get that off my chest.
Post a Comment