Sunday, October 08, 2006

Marie's "Career Personality Type"

(Excerpts from the results of my career personality test)

Marie, you are an INFP:



That means you are more Introverted than Extroverted, Intuitive than Sensing, Feeling than Thinking, and more Perceiving than Judging.





A Deeper Look at the Dimensions

(I) Introversion/ (E) Extraversion:
This dimension describes how you approach and interact with the world and direct your energy output. The main misconception people have about this dimension is that introverts are shy and extraverts are loud. Not necessarily true. Introverts like you tend to think first and then speak, they like to reflect on a situation before contributing their thoughts. Extraverts tend to think and talk at the same time.

(S) Sensing/ (N) Intuition:
This dimension demonstrates how people tend to process information. Intuitives are imaginative and look for deeper and abstract meanings with the information in front of them. When presented with information, people such as yourself enjoy pondering implications and consequences for the future. You look less to details and tend to capture the big picture faster than Sensors.

(T) Thinking/ (F) Feeling:
This dimension demonstrates how you make decisions. For Feelers, taking into account how others will be affected is just as important as objective information in the decision-making process. Thinkers value analytical thinking and are methodical and logical when evaluating their options. They pride themselves on being objective and not subjective.

(J) Judging/ (P) Perceiving:
The last dimension describes whether you prefer closure or openness. Perceivers experience the world spontaneously and don't tend to make daily schedules. You like keeping your options open and probably pride yourself on adapting to whatever situation you confront. Judgers, however, have a strong need for control. For that reason, they enjoy structure and order. Judgers are organized and will tasks once they get started. But on the whole, they are most excited when they are finished with a project whereas people like you love the exciting possibilities associated with starting new projects.


Personality Type Description
Although you may not be a religious person, being spiritual and creative is a crucial part of your identity. You are a life-long knowledge seeker who adds thoughtfulness to your character. You have the ability to work alone if need be but you do enjoy making personal connections with others. Although it may not be readily apparent to others, your work often reflects something about your values and feelings.

About 3-4% of the U.S. population has this combination of personality type.




2 comments:

Azathoth100 said...

Now the first question I have to ask is do you agree with thier evaluation of you?

Missy La Roo said...

I do, surprisingly! The result articulates so many things that I kinda "know" already about myself (instinctively, that is). I say I agree with the evaluation 90%.

BTW, thanks for sharing your other blog. I haven't gotten around to absorbing it yet (reading is one thing, absorbing is another), but I will, hehe!