Saturday, September 30, 2006

No Pain, No Glory



Dear Marie,

Nothing in life that's ever worth achieving is easy. Especially when you're a grown-up.

...so be prepared to work your pretty butt off, goddammit.

All the best,
Yourself

3 comments:

Azathoth100 said...

Easy? No not much in life is that. Being a grown up can be a lot of work, and with little returns. The best thing to do is to never let adulthood go to your head. Maturity is not the same as wisdom. The differance? Well, wisdom is the thing that lets you keep maintaining your lifestyle, the thing that reminds you that you have to work and pay bills. Maturity however is the death of the child in you. Ever notice how many fun things in life get labeled Imature? You can tell the mature people in the world, there the ones who have fogotten how to have fun, the ones who never smile anymore.
Is life easy? No. But that doesn't mean you can't have a few laughs on the ride.
Peace.

Anonymous said...

im scared of growing up now!
just ended up here randomly
really great blog!

good luck

j.

Missy La Roo said...

Thanks both for your comments!

"J." : Don't be scared; growing up can actually be fun (in a weird way)! I still maintain that it's not easy, but I do think we tend to be wiser and stronger and thus more capable of handling life.

"Aza..." : My, thanks for un-twinning "maturity" and "wisdom" for me! It's a nugget of DISCOVERY for me because I didn't dare question the link between those two concepts. Prior to this I had assumed they implied each other. Now I take comfort in the thought that they don't have to!

I have more thoughts on this maturity-VS-wisdom thingy... hmm, it's a fodder for a new blog entry! =)