A stupid cause, a creepy glow, and a stupid creepy telemarketer
A stupid cause
Okay, I concede it's dumb to even be spending a thought on this, but... what's wrong with Sanjaya???
![]() |
Really, I don't get what all this Sanjaya bashing is about. The dude can sing. Not the best singer in the history of American Idol, but not the worst either. I don't think he's bad, and I don't mind watching him on TV. I actually think he sings way better than last year's winner (that gray-haired dude). Why are some people acting as though he's the worst thing on a freaking reality TV show? (Here's a reality check, people: it's a "reality" TV show, duh.)
There's a girl on myspace who is supposedly on a hunger strike until Sanjaya gets voted out. Good grief.
Seriously, girl, there are waaaaay more serious and bigger problems out there that are worth fighting for. Strife, hunger, poverty, environmental degradation, human rights abuses,... you name it, there are so many things happening out there. If you wanna starve yourself, at least do it for a cause that's actually worthwhile. Life is bigger than the idiot box.
If people wouldn't even give a damn about dying malnourished kids in the Third World, why would they care about a plump, spoiled American kid like you?
And really, if you ended up dying of hunger for your, uh, "cause," who cares? If people wouldn't even give a damn about dying malnourished kids in the Third World, why would they care about a plump, spoiled American kid like you?
Thanks, anyway, for the freak show. There's your 15 minutes of shame; enjoy it while it lasts.
===
A creepy glow
![]() |
There's construction going on everywhere in Vancouver, presumably in preparation for the 2010 Winter Olympics (which Vancouver is hosting). Downtown, there's this recently installed, ad-flashing giant TV-like screen high atop a building, similar to those that proliferate the business centres of New York and Tokyo. News is, there will be more of them giant TVs to clutter downtown space. I'm not sure I like that.
Call me a luddite, a loonie, a leftie, or what-have-you, but I'm not impressed. Ubiquitously flashing giant TV screens, especially in a public space, are creepy.
===
A stupid creepy telemarketer
I hate telemarketers (who doesn't?). But every once in a while, a telemarketer bugs me and I'm actually interested in what they have to offer.
Recently, there was this lady who called and told me she wanted my opinion about Holt Renfrew, apparently because I'm a "valued customer" who deserves nothing but the best. She said that by participating in the stupid survey, I'd qualify for x hundred dollars' worth of shopping spree (or something) at Holt Renfrew. So I agreed to Halfway through the survey, it became obvious to me that all along, she was assuming I lived in Toronto. The Holt Renfrew in question, it turned out, was the one in Yorkdale (Toronto area), not Pacific Centre in Vancouver. When I interrupted her to clarify that I'm in Vancouver and not Toronto, she was tongue-tied for half a minute. "Can I put you on hold for a few seconds, Miss [insert my beautiful last name here]?" "Sure," I replied. After a minute or so (during which she must have talked to her supervisor about what to do with an insignificant West Coaster like me), she came back on the phone and said, "Oh... we appreciate your feedback, but we can no longer continue with this survey. Thank you and have a great day, Miss La Roo!" And then she hung up.
Just as I thought: NEVER trust a telemarketer.
So I guess now I didn't qualify for the shopping spree prize, huh? Just because I don't live in stinking Toronto. And just because that damn lady was too stupid to check where I live before bugging me in the first place. Sucked me in with a dirty promise that led me to waste 10 minutes of my precious life.
Just as I thought: Never trust a telemarketer.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Tags: :: a day in her life :: drama and confrontations :: hodgepodge hippie :: media and pop culture :: rants raves reviews :: strange silly chick ::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::








1 comment:
Hello? You still posting on this blog? Or did you move to another one of your blogs full time?
Post a Comment