Head in the clouds, feet on the ground
Head in the clouds...
Since when did someone else's misery become a substitute for own happiness?
Since when did life become so complicated? Since when did it have to be so complicated? I must do this, I must do that; I want this, I want that; I should have this, I should have that; I can't afford to fail this, fail that... and so on.
Sometimes we get too caught up in a vicious web of drama and the material world that we forget what we're fighting for to begin with. Heck, we forget why we're fighting for certain things to begin with. We forget why we're (not) living life.
Money, possessions, status symbols and other arbitrary standards of "success" become mistaken for happiness. Possessions become the end, as opposed to the means to the end (presumably happiness and well-being).Some of us work hard to accumulate strength and power just to rub it on someone's face or maliciously bring them down (a.k.a. "putting them in their place"). Since when did revenge become a factor in making our own lives happier and better? Since when did someone else's misery become a substitute for own happiness?
...feet on the ground!
Remember Girlfriend whom I helped pack up? We were both watching a rerun of Janice Dickinson's Modeling Agency show, and, as I sat there cringing at Janice's endless parade of bizarre antics and bitchy tongue wars, I blurted in disgust, "I wonder what her kids think about her. I mean, if I were her kid, I'd be sooooo embarrassed to admit she's my mother."To that, Girlfriend replied, "What you're seeing is a personality. What [her children] are seeing is a person. A human being."
Hmmm.
I love it when (true) friends put me in my place. They keep me grounded and humble. :)
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Tags: :: a day in her life :: allusions and metaphors :: critical reflections :: drama and confrontations :: hodgepodge hippie :: mad spirits and eerie voices :: media and pop culture ::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::






1 comment:
The problem is many people have never experianced true happiness since they were young and so don't know how it's suposed to feel. So they go with whatevere brings them close to it. Kind of sad at the end of the day.
Hope life is going good for you, sorry that my blogging has become few and very far between.
Post a Comment